Missionary Monday - 35 years

I wanted to leave you with a thought today that I wrote in my Bible several years ago, as I was sitting in church listening to a preacher quote:

If we each led two people to the Lord, and trained them to witness to two others, and those two others each led two more to the Lord and trained them as well, and if this process continued (2+2=4, 4+4=8, 8+8=16, 16+16=32, 32+32=64, 64+64=128, etc.....), it would only take 35 years to reach the world for Christ.

35 years.

Of course we know that many reject Christ, so it is impossible to reach every person in the entire world. I also do not know the time frame that this preacher had in mind... two people saved (and multiplied) every day? However, despite all of that.... just 35 years.

So, even though there are 6 billion people in the world, reaching them is a feasible goal, if we all do our part!